Chokes: Competition Chokes
View Recommendation Chart
Whether you're shooting sporting clays in your back yard with friends or engaged in intense competitive skeet or trap shooting, Comp-N-Choke delivers the superior results that competition shooters are looking for.
The slot-ported design functions as a braking system which slows the wad and allows the shot stream to get out and away without the wad flying into it. The porting vents gases to relieve back pressure. That prevents your pellets from being blown out of your pattern.
The slot-porting, in combination with our unique conical / parallel internal design brings the stray pellets (fliers) back into your pattern, thus increasing your pattern density by 30%. An additional benefit of the slot-ported design is the reduction of recoil and muzzle jump.
The more dense pattern allows you to use a more open constriction, providing a larger pattern and improving your performance.
Competition chokes are available in two finishes:
- Brushed stainless steel
- Black (Chemically blackened finish similar to barrel bluing)
- The only way to know your gun's performance is to pattern it with the chokes and shells
you intend to use in the field or for clays.
- Too much of a constriction in a choke tube is just as bad as not enough constriction.
- Use a good rest.
- Use a large sheet of paper, at least 36 inches, to show exact pattern concentration.
- Shoot at least two targets - each with different type loads and brand of shells.
Click "More" To See Other Brands